"There isn't a woman anywhere who doesn't love a hand-knit sweater! ... and sweaters have become the work-and-play clothes of the nation!" Originally published in the 1940s by the Spool Cotton Company, this vintage knitting and crochet pattern book presents some beauties for you to work in, play in, and slip into when you're relaxing -- sweaters you're going to love!
Patterns and instructions for:
- Best Pal No.1279: 9 o'clock wonder... the all-day cardigan a busy girl wants. Lovely waffle-front knit, long smart sleeves to keep you warm.
- Dress Up No.1245: Dress-up time for you -- when you're wearing this grand 2-piece suit-dress for the first fall days. Note the "snow-flake" yoke details.
- Tee Off No.1293: Here's a smoothie for fit... a workman-like knitted jerkin with that new extra-length appeal.
- Peasant Gal No.1290: Crochet this bit of gaiety in two colors to help your spirits through any dull days ahead.
- Smoothie No.1276: A casual hand-knit jacket is a joy... yours to own in no time, with easy-to-follow directions.
- Raglan Classic No.1289: Our raglan ribbed pullover, with round neck and long sleeves. Grand and warm with a tweed skirt.
- Best Beloved No.1287: Popular with mothers and their young daughters, this cardigan is a must in sweater wardrobes.
- Americana No.1282: Fascinating, new darling with a 3-way life! This crocheted cardigan sweater to-live-in will be such a help in your wardrobe... bejewel it for evening and dancing, wear it with a dicky for everyday, or team it with slacks for active service.
- Sweet Twosome No.1286: The mother-and-daughter jumper that's cute enough for two! Practical and warm for victory-gardening, pretty enough to live in all winter long.
- Reliable No.1285: A new twist on an old favorite... with double yarn this short cardigan will be easy to own... not the roomy pockets.
- Snow Daisies No.1281: Flowers sprinkled over a heavy cardigan for outdoors. Plenty of room for a sweater underneath.
- Success Girl No.1291: The sweater most-likely-to-succeed anywhere... simply, charming and ideal for office work. Light weight wool for under suits.
- Victory Girl No.1278: The sweater that goes everywhere, does everything... note that extra-smart turtle neck.
||PDF Digital Reprint, e-Facsimile
|No. of Pages:
||A4 (210mm × 297mm)