The U.S. Army Physical Fitness Training Manual provides guidelines for developing programs which will improve and maintain physical fitness levels for all Army personnel. These programs will help leaders prepare their soldiers to meet the physical demands of war, as a soldier's level of physical fitness has a direct impact on his combat readiness.
The renewed nationwide interest in fitness has been accompanied by many research studies on the effects of regular participation in sound physical fitness programs. The overwhelming conclusion is that such programs enhance a person's quality of life, improve productivity, and bring about positive physical and mental changes.
This military field manual is also an excellent source book for anyone engaged in physical fitness training.
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- Muscular Endurance and Strength
- Body Composition
- Nutrition and Fitness
- Circuit Training and Exercise Drills
- Obstacle Courses and Additional Drills
- Competitive Fitness Activities
- Developing the Program
- Physical Training During Initial Entry Training
- Environmental Considerations
- Army Physical Fitness Test
||PDF Digital Reprint, e-Text
|No. of Pages:
||Letter (8.5" × 11")