Originally published in the 1910s, The Tinsmith's Helper and Pattern Book (7th Edition) is a classic handbook for the tinsmith apprentice, journeyman and master sheet metal worker. The author collected everything of value on the subject and then boiled it down to a well arranged series of simple problems on the different phases of pattern drafting which the mechanic has to puzzle over daily.
Note that the book is about learning to make patterns for three dimensional forms. It does NOT contains tinsmith patterns that you can simply trace, cut out and punch.
- Diagrams and Patterns
- To Find the Center of an Arc.
- To Describe an Octagon within a Given Square.
- To Describe an Octagon within a Given Circle.
- To Describe Breasts for Cans.
- Can Breasts.
- Pattern for Cone.
- To Describe Pattern for Flaring Vessels.
- To Cut Hood for Stove Pipes.
- To Describe Patterns for Flaring Tinware.
- The Old German Rule for Patterns for the Cone.
- Frustum of a Cone.
- Flaring Vessel in Three Pieces.
- Rectangular Funnel.
- For Strainer Pail or Watering Pot Breast.
- Scale Tray or Scoop.
- To Find Length of Sheet Required for Oval Boiler. Common Method.
- Oval Boiler Cover.
- Measure Lip.
- Steamer or Pitched Cover.
- Heart with Square and Compass.
- To Describe a Star.
- Pattern for Cutting Balls. -- To Describe the Gores.
- To Describe an Oval.
- To Describe Oval with Diameters as 5 to 8.
- To Describe an Oval. Another Method.
- To Describe Oval by Means of String, Pins and Pencil.
- To Describe Pattern for Flaring Oval Vessel. Two Pieces.
- To Describe Pattern for Flaring Article with Straight Sides and Round Ends. Two Pieces.
- To Describe Pattern for Oval Flaring Vessel. Four Pieces.
- To Describe Pattern for Flaring Hexagon Article.
- To Describe Pattern for Flaring Square Vessel.
- To Describe Pattern for Flaring Article with Square Top and Base a Rectangle. Two or Four Pieces.
- To Describe Tapering Octagon Article.
- Flaring Article, Top and Base a Rectangle. Two Pieces.
- Round Base and Square Top Article. Two Pieces.
- Rectangular Base and Round Top Article. Two Pieces.
- Square Base and Round Top Article. Two Pieces.
- To Describe a Square or Right Angle Elbow. Two Pieces.
- Quick Method.
- To Describe Three-Piece Elbow.
- To Describe a Right Angle Elbow. Four Pieces.
- Elbow in Five Sections.
- To Describe Pattern for Obtuse Elbow.
- To Describe a Tapering Elbow.
- To Obtain Length of Piece for Tea Kettle Body.
- Mode of Stringing Patterns.
- String Pattern.
- Description of Boiler Block.
- Epitome of Mensuration
- Table, Rules and Recipes
||PDF Digital Reprint, e-Facsimile
|No. of Pages:
||A4 (210mm × 297mm)