Originally published in the 1910s, this is an excellent textbook for girls to learn handicraft-making skills such as needlework, basketry, cardboard construction and home decoration.
Every exercise in this handicraft course textbook has embodied "an educational principle, making sure the training of the judgment, the eye, or the memory, and tending to develop skill, patience, accuracy, perseverance, dexterity or artistic appreciation".
- General Directions for Pupils of Sewing Classes
- Description of stitches
- Stitches Used in Plain Sewing
- Ornamental Stitches
- Textile Fibers and Fabrics
- Dress and Its Relation to Art
- Paper, Cloth and Cardboard Construction
- Home Furnishing, Decoration and Care
- General Directions for Making the Coil Basket
- The Sewed Baskets
||PDF Digital Reprint, e-Facsimile
|No. of Pages:
||B5 (176mm × 250mm)