Let us take a hard look at the facts. In an atomic war, blast, heat, and initial radiation could kill millions close to ground zero of nuclear bursts. Many more millions -- everybody else -- could be threatened by radioactive fallout. But most of these could be saved. The purpose of this booklet is to show how to escape death from fallout.
Originally published in 1959 by the U.S. government, this booklet contains building plans for five basic fallout shelters. One of the five -- the Basement Concrete Block Shelter -- has been designed specifically as a do-it-yourself project.
Each of the shelters incorporates the fundamentals for fallout protection -- shielding mass, ventilation, space to live. Each can serve a dual purpose -- protection from tornadoes and other severe storms in addition to protection from the fallout radiation of a nuclear bomb.
There are means of protection. But that protection must be provided before, not after, the sirens sound!
- Fallout Shelter Is Needed Everywhere
- The Shelters
- Basement Concrete Block Shelter
- Aboveground Double-Wall Shelter
- Pre-Shaped Metal Shelter
- Underground Concrete Shelter
- Concrete Basement Shelter in New Housing
- Living in a Shelter
- If an Attack Finds You without a Prepared Shelter
- Shelter in Apartment Buildings
- Why Prepare a Shelter Now?
- Construction Drawings for Fallout Shelters
- Shelter Checklist
- Suggestions for Contracts
||PDF Digital Reprint, e-Facsimile
|No. of Pages:
||Letter (8.5" × 11")