Leather, in its adaptability to many different kinds of treatment, is a material eminently suited to the interpretation of the style of decoration known as "modern art".
Originally published in 1905, this work has a place between the books dealing solely with the history and development of the art of leather-working and those of which the object is to impart a knowledge of technique of its various processes to amateurs who may be unable or unwilling to undertake a regular course of instruction.
The book is illustrated with 34 drawings of tools and techniques, and 20 full-page images of decorative leather-work.
- Translator's Note
- Introduction: The Decoration of Leather in the Past
- Tools and Leather
- Methods of Working in Leather
- Leather Mosaic
- Dyes, Patines and Gilding
- The Choice of Design and Colour
- Leather Hangings and Furniture
- Note: Some Extracts from the Report of the Committee on Leather for Bookbinding...
||PDF Digital Reprint, e-Facsimile
|No. of Pages:
||A4 (210mm × 297mm)