If you have struggled with the so-called "miracle" reducing diets, you may find it difficult to believe that the tested, proven method of weight control outlined in STOP DIETING, START LOSING can allow you to eat so many good things.
But this method is based on the de-calorized, high-protein system.
Excess protein not only gives you energy, helps keep complexions clear, hair sparkling, health at top form, but also speeds slimming. It is a most important factor in weight reduction; the presence of excess protein makes it possible for your body's metabolism to burn up unwanted fat.
Obesity is one of the most pressing of today's problems. Originally published in 1957, STOP DIETING, START LOSING gives you a positive, dynamic way of controlling your weight.
If you are overweight, you probably have tried dieting at some time. You were rigidly careful, so you managed to reduce to some extent, but most likely it all came back when you stopped your diet.
You began to eat again the rich foods all America loves, because your body naturally craved and needed them.
You did not know how you could eat these foods and still maintain complete control of your weight. But there is a method of weight control which has demonstrated remarkable and proven results.
This book gives you that method. It tells you how to eat as you wish and still control your weight with the easy, high-protein, de-calorized STOP DIETING, START LOSING method of meal planning and cooking.
You must eat to keep healthy, but you don't have to put on fat! Use this startling, modern approach to take off unwanted fat while you eat luxurious, gourmet meals!
- Like Mother Used to Make -- Minus Calories!
- How to Modernize Your Recipes
- Six Twentieth-Century Master Recipes
- Cream Sauce: 79 calories per cup versus 430 calories in usual recipe. Forty-two ways to use it. Cheese soufflé, using thick cream sauce. One hundred and twenty calories per serving versus 290 in old-time recipe.
- Muffins: 36 calories versus 126 calories in traditional recipe. Blueberry muffins, date muffins, corn muffins, nut muffins.
- Jiffy Waffles: 40 calories versus 202 in traditional recipe. De-calorized maple honey-butter, and other topping ideas.
- Hollandaise for Moderns: 70 calories per ¼ cup versus 312 calories in ordinary recipe.
- Quick, Foolproof Pastry: Crisp, tender. Contains 333 calories versus 933 calories made the traditional way. De-calorized apple pie, pumpkin pie, blueberry pie.
- Basic Cake and Cookie Mixes: De-calorized cakes, cup cakes, brownies, upside-down cake, date-nut bars. Six gingerbread desserts. Frostings and fillings.
- The New Phantom Foods
- Low-Protein Diet or High -- Which?
- The Sex-Appeal Sixteen
- Eat Your Milk
- America's Favorite Recipes -- De-Calorized
- Drink up, Everybody! Frosted coffee, anybody? Only 60 calories. Hot chocolate? Twenty-two calories. Any kind of a milk shake? A mere 40 calories.
- Canapés: Seven substantial canapés 5 to 10 calories each.
- Favorite First Courses: under 100 calories: Heinz cream of pea soup only 73 calories per serving -- surprise! Seven pea-soup twists. Twenty-one canned soups, all under 100 calories. Twenty-nine suggestions for a first course of fish.
- Favorite Main Dishes: How to de-fat a duck. Roast beef hash can be a good calorie buy. Spaghetti? Macaroni and cheese? Certainly, with calories cut in half! Tuna casserole: quick, easy, low-calorie, low-cost. Chicken-in-a-basket, chili con carne, chow mein, and many other hearty favorites, de-calorized.
- Vegetables and Salads: Pseudo-sweet potato fluff, with marshmallows and pecans, 80 calories per serving. Cheese-stuffed peppers, 109 calories each. Sweet-corn pudding, under 100 calories per serving. That much-maligned potato.
- Sauces and Salad Dressings: De-calorized recipes for The Seven Sauces.
- Dessert Favorites: Popular delusions about ice cream and best calorie buys among store-bought flavors. Homemade ice cream at 40 to 50 calories per half cup versus 147 for store-bought. Low-calorie sundae syrups. Fifteen-Minute De-Calorized Cheesecake; 100 calories per piece versus 400 in traditional recipe.
- Make Your Kitchen Diet for You
- Fooling Those Alcohol Calories
- How Beer Can Help You Lose Weight
- How Your Husband Can Lose Weight without Dieting
- How to Help Yourself Lose Weight
- Five speeder-uppers. The blitz diet; a simple delicious two-day diet treat that will take off two to five pounds.
- Quick Calorie Counter
||PDF Digital Reprint, e-Facsimile
|No. of Pages:
||A4 (210mm × 297mm)