You are about to learn the very interesting Art of Basket Weaving using Crepe Paper Rope. After you have finished the lessons in this booklet, originally published in the 1920s, you will be able to make a variety of baskets of different shapes and designs, and of most attractive colors. Crepe Paper Rope is made in many beautiful colors, which is one of the reasons why it is so popular for Basket Weaving.
You will not only be able to make baskets and trays for your own use and as presents for your friends and relatives but Basket Weaving also offers you a splendid money making opportunity.
These instructions cover fully and in detail the making of a medium size basket of simple but artistic shape. The lessons show you in minute detail every step in the making of this basket. Simply follow the instructions carefully and you will have complete success.
After you have completed this one basket you will find it very easy to make others of different shapes and designs, as suggested in the book from time to time. You will also be able to originate many attractive designs and shapes.
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: Covering the Foundation Wires
- Lesson 3: Arranging the Wires for Weaving
- Lesson 4: Starting the Weaving
- Lesson 5: Weaving the Sides
- Lesson 6: Making the Basket Edge
- Lesson 7: Weaving the Edge
- Lesson 8: Making the Handle
- Lesson 9: Making Base for Square Baskets
- Lesson 10: Making Base for Oval Baskets
- A Final Word
||PDF Digital Reprint, e-Facsimile
|No. of Pages:
||A4 (210mm × 297mm)