Originally published in 1909, Ancient Mysteries & Modern Masonry is authored by Rev. Charles H. Vail, a 32nd Degree Mason, who was, believe it or not, a preacher. He equates Hiram Abiff with Sun Worship!
From the Preface: "The Series of Sunday evening lectures which comprise this book were first given in Pullman Memorial Church, Albion, NY. The many calls for the lectures in printed form led to their publication. We trust that the book may contribute to a better understanding of the Order by the general public; inspiring our Brother Masons to greater appreciation of and loyalty to the Fraternity, and encouraging all to labor for the realization of the great principles and ideals embodied in the Ancient Mysteries and our Modern Masonry."
From the Introduction: "The purpose of these lectures is to consider the origin and nature of the Ancient Mysteries and Modern Masonry and to show the relation which they bear one to the other. Freemasonry deals largely with the morals and symbols of the Mysteries of Antiquity, and originally was one of the Channels of Ancient Wisdom."
- The Origin and Object of the Ancient Mysteries
- The Egyptian, Hindu, and Persian Mysteries
- The Druidical, Gothic, Grecian, and Jewish Mysteries
- The Christian Mysteries
- The Meaning of True Initiation
- The Origin and History of Freemasonry
- The Origin and History of the Knights Templars
- The Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite
- The Symbols and Legends of Masonry
- List of Masonic and Kindred Books
||PDF Digital Reprint, e-Facsimile
|No. of Pages:
||B5 (176mm × 250mm)