Originally published in the 1900s, this handbook contains, in form convenient for everyday use, a comprehensive digest of the knowledge of saddlery, and supplies concise information on the details of the subjects of which it treats, well illustrated with 99 engravings and diagrams.
This handbook treats on practical saddlery as more or less distinct from the making and repairing of harness, which is discussed in a companion volume on "Harness Making" where, however, will be found full descriptions of all tools, appliances, and materials necessary for the work. The elementary processes of cutting up hides, stitching, etc., are also explained in the volume on "Harness Making", and bits, spurs, stirrups, and furniture of all kinds fully described and illustrated.
- Gentleman's Riding Saddle
- Panel for Gentleman's Saddle
- Ladies' Side Saddle
- Children's Saddle or Pilches
- Saddle Cruppers, Breastplates, and Other Accessories
- Riding Bridles
- Breaking-down Tackle
- Head Collars
- Horse Clothing
- Knee-caps and Miscellaneous Articles
- Repairing Harness and Saddlery
- Re-lining Collars and Saddles
- Whips, Hunting Crops, etc.
- Set of Gig Harness
||PDF Digital Reprint, e-Facsimile
|No. of Pages:
||A4 (210mm × 297mm)